Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sat 5.24.2014



Tonight is our last night in Kumamoto but just to recap on the past couple days here are a few photos and details from our adventures!  Yesterday we went and did an art workshop which was so much fun! We learned from masters how to do inlay techniques and then they let us make our own pendants. They are going to do the final polishing which takes about a week and then they are going to mail them to us at what ever hotel we are staying at. Yesterday we also got to go to the museum to view a wonderful and wild artist. I’ll have to look up how to spell her name later…Her art was intriguing and very playful. I enjoyed it a lot! Later on we got drinks and went dancing for a little bit before calling it a night. Today we got to see the Kumamoto castle and samurai quarters. This was my favorite part of Kumamoto so far. The castle tour was absolutely amazing as was the beautiful architecture. We got lunch/dinner at a restaurant called Swiss and  I had a green tea parfait. I thought it was delicious minus the fact that there was beans in it…Now I’m back at the hotel relaxing and preparing for yet another day of travel. I am looking forward to this next part of the trip, hot springs and all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment